Tại hội nghị hàng năm Cisco Live ở Las Vegas, Ông John Chamber, Giám đốc điều hành của hãng Cisco đã công bố một tablet có màn ảnh 7-inch được gọi là Cius, chay trên hệ điều hành Google Android.
At the annual Cisco Live event in Las Vegas, John Chamber, Cisco CEO unveiled a live video conferencing over the detachable 7-inch tablet called Cius (pronounced "see us") powered by Google Android OS.
The tablet’s 7-inch, high-resolution, touch-target color display, supports WiFi and 3G/4G data capable of running as thin client terminal as well as Web browsing, teleconferencing, light computing, etc.… Cisco touted the Cius is sized between the pocket portability of smartphones and the larger display and functionality of a laptop.
- The tablet is lightweight, weighing just over 1.5 pounds (0.52 kg).
- A detachable and serviceable 8-hour battery supports all-day communications under normal conditions.
- Intel Atom 1.6-Ghz processor and 32-GB of flash memory provide the power to run and store Android applications locally.
Whether at your desk or on the move, you will have a full collaborative experience. You can:
- Make a voice or high-definition 720p video call
- Join or initiate an audio, web, or Cisco TelePresence solution conference
- Create, edit, and share files and videos
- Browse the web with an integrated Firefox browser
- Locate subject-matter experts using virtual teaming and presence
- Communicate using instant messaging (IM), visual voicemail, and email
- Blog and add discussions on social networking sites
The Cius will be available in the beginning of 2011.