To try this new version of Image Search, just go to www.google.com on your phone and tap on “Images.” The new experience is available in 38 languages worldwide.
- The thumbnails are square to maximize the number of images to be displayed on the screen at one time so you can scan them quickly
- You can swipe to see the next or previous page of results, or tap the large, stationary ‘Next’ and ‘Previous’ page buttons
- Speed is optimized so that the images appear quickly when you browse
When it comes to viewing the images, Google now makes them as large as possible by introducing a special image viewing page:
- The black background emphasizes the image and the buttons fade after a few seconds so you can just see images with little distraction
- Easily browse through the images by swiping from picture to picture
Google Image Search for mobile, available today for iPhone 3.0+ and Android 2.1 devices